Ca' Rezzonico Museum of 18th century Venice
Stop Water Buses
A) Ca' Rezzonico: Line 1 (1 minut on foot)
How to reach us: Map »
Begun by Longhena in 1667 for the Bon family, it was continued and finished after various difficulties by Massari for the Rezzonico family (mid-late 1700s).
When the last member of the Rezzonico family died, the palace fell into ruin and the furnishings disappeared.
In 1934, Comune di Venezia (Venice Municipal Council) purchased it, turning it into a museum of 18th century Venice, grouping together various important collections and refurbishing its idealized interiors to create an 18th century Venetian patrician palace.
The museum hosts paintings (Pietro Longhi and Rosalba Carriera), furniture, majolica and porcelain items, as well as important travelling exhibitions.